Friday, September 28, 2007

Passing up work = difficult move

I have had a problem with passing up work my whole life. Oh I need someone to tile my bathroom, frame my house, design this for me, herd my cattle....the list goes on. And my response is always sure sounds good.....even though general rules of time management would prove that....dude, this is totally impossible are you an idiot? Yes, I am an idiot. But I thrive on being too busy, taking on new experiences, and I can't say that I am not a fan of a little extra money.

I've done it though. I came to the realization that I needed some sort of game plan to avoid making it in the obituaries prematurely. Working 36+ hours, getting a Master's in Architecture and a MBA, keeping my lady happy and keeping up on a hobby or two is completely impossible. So, I have given up working on Thursdays dropping down to 30 hours a week. This is a big step for me. And it may not seem like much of a break but it is. After experiencing my first Thursday off yesterday....I am glad I have done it.

No comments: