Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Techie

At one point I took great pride in being on the leading edge of tochnology. I had the newest things even when I couldn't afford them. Its crazy how fast that can run away from you. I mean, I still appreciate it and have an interest but I don't really have the money for it...I never really had the money for it.

Yesterday was the experience that solidified my position as a technology laggard. I met a guy for my brother to exchange currency for an iphone. I never really thought that I would probably want to check it out to make sure it worked before completing the transaction. Sooo, as he motioned for me to check it out I held it in my hands as if I was holding something precarious, delicate and valuable. My mind was blank. I had no clue what to do.

I pushed a button.....it turned on.
Oh my, so many apps. What do these even mean.
Camera...seriously, you amatuer....of all the apps you clicked on the camera???

It continued with me not knowing how to turn it off or even get to the phone feature...all in front of a group of seriously techie individuals.

I completed the transaction and realized I had now forfeited any claim to being on the leading edge of technology.

No comments: