Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bachelor

Until recently, I don't think I have ever been on a full on bachelor party before. I've definitely gone out on the town with people before making the plunge but recently I got to go on the real deal for my brother in law.
When I say real deal I mean taking a 40 foot luxury RV up the coast of California and ending up in San Francisco. We spent the first two nights in a campground in Big Sur.
Tri-tip for breakfast, lunch and dinner it seemed. No complaints. I had never been this far up the coast and really couldn't believe the scenery. Pristine rocky beaches with trails, rocks and cliffs to climb around on. Not to mention a rather empty campground due to landslides on either end of Highway 1. Yup, a landslide just about trapped us there hours after we arrived. This required us to navigate Nacimiento Pass (essentially a one lane road) in this 40 foot RV which proved to be quite a deal....but we had to get to San Francisco...and of course back home at some point.The transition from camping to big city is always a funny one. It takes a while to adjust but I think everyone did just fine.

The whole trip was a lot fun and ended in true form as well, breaking down 25 miles from home and having to be all picked up by our significant others.

1 comment:

davehowell said...

baaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah!!! that sounds awesome man. Let me know when you'll be CO this summer so i can plan a trip to come hang out.