Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bucking Broncos

My brother has been in Iraq for over a year now. He and his wife come home in a couple months which I am sooooo excited about. The Broncos have a soldier of the game at every home game and Monday Night Football against the Packers was my bro's opportunity to be on the Thundervision. My Dad, and my brothers and I had the opportunity to benefit......that being going to the game for free.

Traffic was insane and I was late. Consequently, the seat next to the humongous walking Bronco was left vacant for none other than this guy. Automatically I knew I was going to really have to step up my game. This is the scenario. Bro pops up on screen gives a few shout out's, camera man pans to us and we give it up for my bro and the Broncos. When you are standing next to the said Bronco there is this overwhelming feeling that you have to do him proud. I did, I think.

I cheered frantically for what seemed like way longer than necessary...glancing at the Thundervision every couple seconds thinking, "seriously am I still up there....I really can't do this for much longer."

Afterwards brother next to me says something like, "Dude, I was a little blown away by your enthusiasm. Totally unexpected."

My response....I don't really remember.

Guy in front of me, "Dude, did you like win something?"

Anyway, good game but the Broncos lost in about 10 seconds of OT.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you that you'd be late. Admit it, I'm always right.

davehowell said...

That's exactly what i tell my wife. We now know who wears the pants over there. Naaa... who am i kidding i own no pants. They are leased to me on wednesdays.

Anonymous said...

I tried to teach you boys....wives are ALWAYS right. Just keep that as a mantra! ;>)