Monday, June 9, 2008

Mud Season

Man, it was real nice to be up in Pitkin this past weekend, even with all the mud. I ended up going by myself which was a new experience for me. Its dead silent up there...so when you are by yourself, you are really by yourself. It gave me a lot of time to think and to get some work done.

The snow melt run off is a little out of control this year. Usually things get a little damp but upon my arrival there was a pretty good wash of water flowing across the property. I decided now would be the best time to dig a stream to dry things out and to create a diversion for the future. One day later and 100 feet of ditch done and I had a pretty steady flowing stream across the place.

I got some other work done as well allowing for the floor deck to be put in next time. I went down to the pond before leaving and it was beautiful.....sun was low and the colors were just screaming.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I can't wait to get up there!

Katie said...

Freakin SOOO beautiful! Good idea with the stream.

Unknown said...

Wow that pond is looking quite a bit higher than it was last time I saw it