Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cocky Little Suckers

Excuse me, um, you are blocking the gate to the garden I hang out in.
(I continue to stare Bambi down at 3 feet away)
Okay, fine, I am going to go get my mom.
(Bambi walks away, comes back a minute later with mom...just as close)
Excuse me, will you move. We are trying to get to the garden.

No.
(Bambi and mom walk away)


Note: Today I was painting a friend/old employer's house
______________________________________________

An hour later I am hearing a bit of racket coming from the other side of the house. I think...what is he (friend/old employer) doing over there.


Finally I walk over and find a squirrel in my open backpack! He runs off and I go to inspect things. My lunch bag had been chewed through and my cookies were GONE.
(Curse the squirrel, zipped up my backpack and went back to work)

Ten minutes later I walk over and find the squirrel has unzipped my backpack and is eating my sandwich. Unzipped my backpack!!!


This is now war and instead of just putting my bag inside I decide I am going to work on that side of the house to protect my property. The squirrel did not care. It just kept coming back and no matter how many rocks I hurled at it, he kept coming back. I guess the lady's cookies were that good
.

Eventually I just put my backpack in the house...and basically ate cherries for lunch.

3 comments:

davehowell said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! We had a similar run-in this last weekend with a skunk in Shenandoah. Clyde seemed to scare it off glad we didn't get misted though.

Rachel Hanchett said...

That is awesome! My girls would have loved that, sorry about your lunch though! We don't get to many close encounters here in Mesa I think it is just to HOT for anything with fur!

Zooks said...

Only in Boulder are animals so bold! I believe there is a law there that you are requierd to share all food with any animals you encounter or legal action can be taken.