Tuesday, July 3, 2007

......so about my hairstylist

Recently I expressed the desire to have gray hair. Why you may ask.....I don't know. It just seemed like a good idea and hey why not get a glimpse of my inevitable future minus tarot cards, crystal balls and pink monkeys. My hairstylist was excited about my request...she recently learned of a new formula that would make all my dreams, of having gray hair, come true.

Time passed and just when I thought maybe it wasn't going to happen the time had come. Now at the time I wasn't aware of the process that would have to take place nor was I aware of the possible effects but I was open to the idea of experimentation for the sake of furthering the style repertoire of my good friend and of course the pursuit of gray hair.

Step 1 - Bleach hair to a lovely off white.
Step 2 - Apply the magical gray potion and bam!.....gray hair.....kind of.
Step 3 - Salon closes, transfer the operation to home salon for cutting
Step 4 - Cutting reveals slight discolorations in the gray, lets reapply and call it good.
Step 5 - Huh
Step 6 - That's gray isn't it?
Step 7 - If I'm not mistaken.....it looks kinda purple.....lovely shade of lilac. Very cool but maybe not the best look for the architecture profession.
Step 8 - Strip the tone and its back to a "creamy blonde"...my name is....my name is....
[Day Passes]
Step 9 - Back to original color...kind of...scalp burning....lessons learned and quite a great time through the process

It was a funny experience. Knowledge has been gained through experimentation.....on my head. My conclusion...I will be ready to try it again in a couple weeks.....with short hair and expertise through experience on our side....maybe.

Pictures to follow shortly...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should go for chartruese next time. Maybe a different color for each month??? You are one "wild and crazy guy"...