Sunday, July 22, 2007

Capris on men....the ongoing debate

Capris on men......what do you think? Not really, it was necessary I promise. I decided to be a minimalist on this camping trip and what happened, I spilled fajita sauce all over my only shorts resorting to pants in mid ninety degree weather. Outcome....man in makeshift capris.


Initially it was our plan to head down to Durango to stay at our friend's cabin. Due to the work issues of multiple people we decided that a 7+ hour drive each way for a weekend wouldn't be the best idea. Outcome.....camping just past Nederland by Eldora.

Jump in the story. Its amazing how fast people can come together in the pursuit of a safe haven. We located a perfect campsite but upon arriving the clouds aligned, not in our favor, and proceeded to dump water slash hail by the buckets all while we were trying to set up a tent. Oh but yes, we came together in a frenzy setting up the world's largest tent in record time.

Within an hour the weather took a turn for the better and we found ourselves hiking a trail known as fourth of july. I had never been up in this area despite the fact that I have lived within an hour of it for years. It was great though. This distant picture doesn't do the waterfalls justice but know it was pretty sweet thrught the binocs. Dinner....excellent in my mouth, not so good on my shorts.


The next day was beautiful. I don't say beautiful in a serious way too often so know that I am serious here. The air was clear, cloudless blue sky.....a little spicy but not too bad. We took a hike up to Lost lake on the Hessie trail. It was a nice incline with waterfalls dotting the path. The lake water was refreshing. I wanted to jump in but my jean capris would hold water like a sponge so it didn't happen. We had lunch at the lake and worked our way back down the trail.



No comments: