Friday, March 21, 2008

Snow Biking

Yesterday was a perfect day for a bike ride. So nice in fact, that a friend and I decided to be ambitious. We split from work early and rode up to Ward from Boulder. It's a little over 20 miles each way so definitely my longest ride of this year. It started off wonderful but about a half an hour from the top it started to snow.

At times have this problem where if I have a task stuck in my head, it will be accomplished even if it means significant pain. I guess this is good sometimes but maybe not so good other times. We made it to the top and by this time the snow was coming down hard and sticking to the road.

The descent:
Wow this is pretty cold and this snow is kinda sketchy.
Shooting pains in the hands
Nice, my hands and feet are numb now - less pain yet less controllability
Yiyyyy, I am really shaking a lot....I hope I don't shake myself right off this chariot
I think it might be getting warmer...maybe
Yess, uphill, I have never loved uphill so much
A lot of other clouded thoughts...

And 40+ miles later we were back in Boulder.
3 hours later, I begin to thaw.

No comments: