Tuesday, March 25, 2008

How cool are you?

Now seems to be the time of:

Amount of recycled content in one's product = How amazingly cool you are

I would say I agree with this in a lot of circumstances but I believe many are being untrue in their efforts. Well, they are trying right, or maybe no one really cares.

There is a big motor vehicle company out there that I saw on the news boasting its use of soy for the foam in their seats. Paraphrasing....so we created this foam, taking all the chemicals out and
using soy, but then the car smelled like popcorn so we put some chemicals in to get rid of the smell. Seems like they are back where they started, but no, what they didn't mention is the millions that the soy product will save them. What it amounts to - Same chemically treated seats that are soy based and a "better" image for the auto company.

What really made me start writing about this was......
The other day I got off my bike trainer trying to recover from a brutal little workout eventually resorting to laying on my living room floor. We have these extremely dated dining chairs which, thanks to my mother-in-law and her friend have been reupholstered to look at least 10 or 20 years better than their 1970's origination. I noticed a label on the underside of
each chair shown below. Notice the bold lettering - Boasting all new materia

Original1970's dining chairs manufacturer = Not so amazingly cool


3 comments:

Stan and Maia said...

Time for new chairs. And what's in that carpet you were laying on??
Happy Birthday!!!

Jeff said...

word.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.