Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Calling all Flakes

This past weekend I decided to abandon thoughts of school and work and go down to the Land of Enchanment (New Mexico) with the lady. I had visions of doing work on the drive down and on the drive back but I decided it would be best to forget about it and pick it back up on Monday.

It turned out to be quite a relaxing weekend. We spent most of the time in Angel Fire, where the in-laws have been for the past few weeks. We did spend a day down in Santa Fe...a place I have surprisingly never been. Unfortunately, the plaza was heavily under construction but I got a good feel for the place.
The basilica was really cool. Also under construction, but this made it more interesting. Artists were in the process of repainting the ceiling. The picture is a little blurry due to low light, no tripod, and no flashes allowed. I thought it would be cool to post regardless.Saturday night we went to the Calling all Flakes bonfire at the base of the Angel Fire Resort. Music, fire, cold air, and kids calling on the snow gods to bring on the snow.

No comments: