Monday, November 17, 2008

Tea Fire

I have been hesitant to write anything about this because of how much it has affected the lady in my life and so many others. I keep thinking about it though and it makes me ill. I guess I will write a bit.

The lady's childhood home burned down in the recent fires in Santa Barbara along with the majority of her relatives' and friends' homes as well. I have felt horrible about how this has affected so many. I've never been very attached to any of the homes I have lived in. Part of that is due to personality, the other being the fact that I lived in eight different houses by the time I graduated high school and probably another fifteen or so since then. I say that because I have been so overwhelmed by how bad I have felt - an example of feeling the pain of those I love and hoping in some way I can be of comfort.

Like a typical dude, my comforting skills are a bit lacking but I do try. And from here I don't know what else to say. I just hope at some point I can do something to help.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh no!

Garrett's cousin lives in Montecito too and he said that he was alright, so I thought it missed your lady's parent's home! I'm so sorry to hear otherwise!

This is so horrible.