Friday, June 29, 2007

Bike to work week

This past week has been the "official" bike to work week for the state of Colorado. Wednesday being the "official" day of all days. I managed to to ride in on monday, wednesday and today, the other days missed because of school restraints. I have biked to work in the past but not this frequently. What I have come to find is that I enjoy it a lot. It makes my commute time my work out time so I have more time to do other things and I plan to keep this up on the days that I don't have school.

I don't typically have crunchy thoughts....well occasionally I do but.....I was thinking on my ride home on Wednesday how crazy it would be if a quarter of the population of the Denver metro area rode bikes to work. There would be a designated bike lane on the highway, people would definitely be more healthy....and it would be pretty cool too. I would say not even 5 percent of the population biked to work on Wednesday. Yeah...pretty crunchy but it was something to think about on my way home.

No comments: