Friday, June 22, 2007

The Boettcher Mansion

Last night we went to a wedding at the Boettcher Mansion. I have lived in Colorado for over a decade now and always wanted to see the place but never have. The wedding was great and the building and site were beautiful as well. They had this cool band and though the wife and I are a pretty sad case when it comes to formal dance and swang, we still had a lot of fun.

Cherries....what a genius idea. They had these nice little bags of cherries everywhere...really good cherries too. I must have eaten 10 or 11 bags.

So about the mansion. It was really cool. The spaces all felt really nice. The stonework in the main room was amazing. It made me really want to try my hand at stone masonry. The only downside, which I assume no one in the whole place but me noticed, was the inevitable horrible retrofitting of necessary equipment to bring a historical building up to code. Yeah exactly.....I'm probably the only person who noticed it.

Overall, the evening was great. I haven't been to very many weddings but the ones I have been to have all been very fun. My conclusion.....I am a fan of weddings.

No comments: