Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Break in the semesters

This past weekend I went to Santa Barbara with the wife. Her folks live out there so we have the great opportunity to make trips out there a couple times a year. Let me tell ya', it's really rough. It was a nice break from the heat. We went from scalding mid-90's in Colorado to a comfortable 72 the whole week we were there.
With the summer semester just ending, I took this trip as an opportunity to eat well, sleep well, relax well and visit with family and friends. I believe I took full advantage of all of the above, especially the eating well.
Transition...
I have a problem. I am constantly in denial of the power of the sun. What is it in me that thinks I can expose my chest to the sun, it being the first time since about this time last year, and come out unscathed. Oh, I put spf...8 on but yeah....didn't quite cut it. At least I haven't peeled.....yet.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm telling you pal...SPF 70 is the way to go!

Anonymous said...

Sarah and I just did the same thing. After not seeing the sun for the last 8 months, we thought it would be a good idea to sit on the beach in Florida for 4 hours. Now we can hardly sit down or wear clothes without feeling like our skin is on fire.

At least we used a whopping SPF 15.