Friday, February 1, 2008

Final Architecture Semester

This is the last semester of architecture school I have before my Master's. I still have a bit of work for my MBA but progress is evident and an end is in sight. This semester I am working on a team that is designing and building a shade structure for a fairly controversial, yet sacred, yet somewhat barren site. This is the site of the Sand Creek Massacre. In brief, settlers massacred a camp of Native American men, women and children who were in the progress of moving off land that was initially given to them but later taken. I do not claim to be knowledgeable on the subject beyond the several documents that I have read but a reading of those documents is quite a sobering thing. What is nice is that the site has been recently established as a National Historic Site by the National Park Service and will be maintained as well as receive a bit of funding.

No comments: