Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Public Transit

It was a crowded day on the ole bus this morning which allowed for a great session of people watching....one of my favorite pass times. If you ride a bus and it is crowded there is very little space that one could actually call personal space and of course this makes some people feel very uncomfortable.
The woman across the aisle from me caught my eye. She resorted to sitting next to this man, slender, not creepy from what I could tell.....basically the two best characteristics for a seat partner for the journey. But for her this was not good enough. We came to a stop and 5 or 6 people got off. She spotted an empty seat and charged for it completely neglecting to realize that often when people get off the bus people also get on.....oh and it was perfect. I see a man get on.....a huge man, I am talking a man who would normally require his own seat....I think to myself.....oh this is so good. And yes, he sits down next to her pressing her tiny frame against the inside wall of the bus. It made my morning. Is that bad? Whatever, it was great.

No comments: