Monday, February 4, 2008

A little place called Assssspen......again

Talk about a place that seems unaffected by the said credit crunch, subprime mortgage implosion etc., etc. The lady and I had quite the ill drive through the mountains but found ourselves in Aspen for a day and a half to recreate, visit a friend and.....get away?...as if we hadn't been away for a while. Regardless, they have had soooo much snow up there so the conditions on the slopes were great. If only my body was tuned up enough to take full advantage. I guess I did take full advantage but by the end of the day my body wouldn't quite pull off the moves my mind had planned for it......this is when things start to get dangerous. It was a great time though....in fact, my first time out on the slopes this year. What? Yes, it is a shame but indeed the truth. But yes, I came out of it all unscathed. Oh and Jeff Gordon, your energy drink is weak. I tried it on the drive home hoping it would enable me to do battle with the icy roads ahead.....and it was nasty. So once again I plug Go Fast....the underrated yet best late night driving beverage.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What about the pomegranate "juiced" one?

Anonymous said...

As long as it doesn't make you "Drive Fast"!

Anonymous said...

I can't even explain how jealous I am - I was looking at the Colorado ski report yesterday and got an urge to buy a ticket leaving tonight and not coming back until the snow is gone.

By the way, check out our new blog.

estmtswst.blogspot.com

-Colin

Anonymous said...

A NASCAR venue, where cheap beer, weak hot dogs, and grocery store brand cola are king...What were you expecting? NASCAR fans by no means epitimize keen taste.