Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thrice @ The Black Sheep

Does it get anymore romantic than getting tickets to a hardcore punk show for Valentine's Day? I would say probably not. The lady got tickets to the sold out Thrice show which took place this past weekend at The Black Sheep in Colorado Springs. I was beyond excited for it....seeing one of my favorite bands in one of the smallest venues in Colorado. My brother also managed to get a ticket to the show which took us all to the point of wow, let's see what a ridiculously good time we can have.....and of course bumped up that initial level of romanticism up a notch = sarcasm.

I love those meticulous reviews of shows from behind the soundboard....not really. The energy is never captured and the actual experience is drowned by the over analysis of some shortsighted aspect. My opinion of course nor will I attempt to produce any type of review. I will say that I have seen them four times now and they finally played Of Dust and Nations and it was everything I hoped it would be. Deadbolt and some of the new stuff off their Water cd were vicious as well. I have said this in the past but witnessing musicians playing together and achieving moments of perfection is energizing and inspiring. Maybe these ima
ges start to hint at the caliber of that energy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool...