Monday, April 28, 2008

Deer Trail Road Race 2008

Okay, so yet another learning experience in the world of cycling for me. I have now done a hill climb, a circuit race and now a road race and I am beginning to understand a bit of the strategy. I am also noticing that my fitness level isn't quite where I would like it to be. But regardless I finished, didn't finish last and had fun even though the last 14 miles were in an extremely turbulent crosswind mixed with sand, sleet and snow.

Lessons:
1. Less experienced riders (myself) should not attempt to go out with the first break
2. Eat enough, even though its painful
3. With snow in the forecast, wear insulated gloves

And so it's on to the next one.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you forgot the most important lesson...

4. sandbag as much as possible. under no circumstances should you take a pull at the front of the paceline. it isn't how you play the game, it's whether you win or lose that counts.

Krillschin said...

Oh yes, I forgot about that one...I will remember that one this weekend. I'll be on your wheel like no other and then at the perfect moment....gone.