Sunday, April 13, 2008

Koppenberg Circuit Race

Last weekend I participated in my second cycling race. This particular race is a circuit race, four laps measuring in at just over five miles each. Half of the terrain dirt while the other half is road. It was yet another fun cycling experience. The first lap was really fun. I managed to stick with the field, riding side by side with just over 60 riders. After the infamous dirt hill on this course, the field started to break up...lost chains, flat tires, running riders. I managed to hold on with the group for a while past this point but in the second in third laps I found myself beginning to fall behind a bit. By the end I was in the bottom half but chalked it up as one more race experience....hoping to get more comfortable and possibly faster as the season goes on.

No comments: