Saturday, April 12, 2008

Princeton, Philly, and more

Well, its been over two weeks since we got back from a visit out east but I thought I would still mention it. The lady and I went out to visit my Mom as well as some friends that have moved to Philly from Colorado. It was a really fun trip and a nice quick get away.

I had never been to Princeton before but I was interested in seeing it, including some of the buildings there. This building below was quite intriguing to me. It was designed by Venturi and I always thought it was pretty lame. But seeing it in person, inside and out, changed my perspective completely. I really thought it was something. Not that my photography will do it justice any better
than the images I saw prior to my visit.
We also saw this cool building by Yamasaki with pretty cool columns.

And then of course Frank Gehry has a signature building coming out of the ground there right now. I must say it is a more tame than a lot of his other buildings.

All the traditional buildings were really impressive too. We also spent some time in some new parts of Philly which was cool. I really like that city, the character, history and everything.....not sure I would want to live there but it was a nice visit.

No comments: