Monday, January 19, 2009

Victim


Usually if I want to see a band play the opportunity arises fairly quickly. Most of the less popular acts tend to tour constantly to try to make ends meet and Denver seems to be a fairly viable stop on the tour circuit.
The Killers have been a bit different....very popular, very successful and every time they have come around I have been unable to attend...until this past Saturday. Because of the wait, expectations were high.
Magness Arena is not known for its stellar acoustics. I saw Counting Crows there roughly 7 or so years ago and the sound was so horrible I wanted to leave but spent so much on the tickets I felt I had to stay. I never could get back into them after that. Seemed like the sound was getting tinkered with a bit at the beginning of this show but things appeared on track by the second or third song. The visuals were in full force...LED curtain backdrop projecting sparkling imagery reminiscent of the glitz of their very hometown...oh and then the pyrotechnics and confetti cannons that seem to be customary at all Magness shows.
It was a different sort of show because it was such a production but I had fun, was entertained and I believe that is the point.

No comments: